Welcome to AK!
Who am I? My name is Andria Kennedy, and I am a freelance writer as well as a science fiction and fantasy writer. I am also a shameless geek (I know, you couldn’t tell) – and a firm believer that all of the writers in those categories are, as well. (For more about me, consult my Full Bio)
I started making up stories before I ever held a writing instrument in my hand, and it’s the one thing I can honestly say I’ve never stopped doing throughout my entire life. Writing and storytelling make me happy and keep me as close to sane as I am ever going to get (don’t think I can’t hear some of you snickering in the back!); it’s the only thing I always knew I wanted to do and never wavered from. I have worked several other jobs, but I never stopped writing in my own time. So when I hit a crossroads this winter (with some “gentle” shoving off the cliff from friends), I realized it was time to stop giving it the backseat and bring it into the spotlight.
Ta-Dah! Antihero Kreative was born!
This is the brainchild of my writing knowledge (and learning mistakes) as I move forward as both a freelance writer and with my YA writing. I can promise laughter, I can promise geek-references, I can promise to answer any questions you may have (and protection from trolls), and I can promise to share the bumps, pitfalls, mountains, out-right chasms, and boo-boos of the journey (I am never without band-aids). Each post will fall into one of the following categories to help you navigate the fun that is my brain:
- Arkham: If writing were fun and easy, everyone would do it. The truth is, though, much of it involves staring at a keyboard while banging your head repeatedly against a wall and pleading with characters to behave. It falls somewhere between the lines of fun and torture, and we sometimes need a way to restore our sanity closer to…well, closer to not landing us in an actual institution. That’s where these posts come in.
- Bag of Tricks: You need a pencil and a piece of paper – DONE. Just kidding. Technology has done nothing if not benefit the writer, if only we choose to embrace it. There are a lot of tools out there for us – some more beneficial than others.
- Brain Break: And you thought school was over (…or maybe, for you, it’s not, but you’re supposed to be paying attention to it)! Guess what – SCHOOL IS NEVER OVER! Do you actually know what an antihero is? Where do you weigh in on the Oxford comma? Is cursive a dead language? We’re gonna talk about all of it!
- Coming Attractions: These would be snippets of my own work – novel or short story – that I am particularly pleased with (probably in the heat of the moment…don’t get attached to them). They won’t be very long – in theory.
- The Dead Pool: Writers cannot live on writing alone (trust me, I’ve tried). This means we do have to take care of our health AWAY from the desk and computer (put the phone/laptop DOWN!), and these posts are intended to cover that topic.
- Flotsam and Jetsam: This category encompasses the random posts that I didn’t feel fit anywhere else, such as perspectives on being a reader versus a writer (you do have to be both, after all), general observations around me that I feel like sharing, or tidbits I pick up and want to post.
- HQ: Welcome to home base. Being a freelance writer (and a writer, in general) means working from home, so I’m always around my little family, and things will inevitably get shared – lucky you!
- Level Up: Everyone likes to get excited about milestones, and they like to share them…or so I’ve been told. This is me learning to do just that.
- Lightning Strike: Any writer will tell you that inspiration can come from literally anywhere, and these posts will set out to prove that. Note for legal purposes: Under no circumstances am I advocating you get struck by lightning just to get a new idea.
- The Minions: Everyone gets excited about getting to talk about their kids, and I’m not an exception; it just happens that my kids have four feet.
- Photo Bomb: I think this one is self-explanatory, but I will put in a slight disclaimer that I am not the photographer in the family – that would be my father and sister.
- Told Ya So: Writers are readers, and there are just some amazing quotes out there that beg to be shared.
Okay, so excited yet? Because I am! I welcome everyone to the Antiheroes, and I can’t wait to get to know you!
The AK Feed
No writer is perfect (hate to break it to you). Everyone has off days, mental synapse fails, and finger slips on the keyboard. Avoiding sharing such embarassments with the world is simple with the invention of such AI programs as Grammarly. However, there’s a catch: the programs AREN’T infallible.
From S.J. Kincaid’s THE NEMESIS (Final volume of The Diabolic Trilogy)
Join the Antiheroes
Receive an email every time a new post hits the Feed.