Welcome to my oh-so-humble brag page. That’s right – this is where I share my publications! We’re talking the articles, essays, and short stories that underwent the rigorous process of editing, reviewing, and revising. (To say nothing of the pitching/submission – and a few rejections – process!)
Yes, I hold these separate from my professional portfolio. Mostly because I set out to complete the work. I wasn’t working for a client (with two exceptions). They represent:
- Independent research (even those that were a “labor of love”)
- The scientific method (where appropriate)
- Blending storytelling and information to connect with readers
- Working on a deadline
Not to mention a lot of personal marketing. I got the word out for all the publications through my social media to help boost readership and sales. I know, it didn’t hurt my exposure, either)
Oh, and if you’re worried about affiliate links, you’re in the clear. I don’t make a single penny when you click these links. (Not even if you decide to buy a copy of a book) Whatever compensation I received from these publications already made its way to the bank.
And odds are the Minions spent everything eons ago. (That’s what being a responsible pet parent is all about, right? Keeping your furkids in the lap of luxury they’ve come to expect?)
- Kennedy, Andria. “Forget Acceptance – Troop Beverly Hills the Guide to Glamping” in Isn’t She Great: Writers on Women-Led Comedies from 9 to 5 to Booksmart. Ed. Elizabeth Teets. Read Furiously Press. Jan. 2024.
- Kennedy, Andria. “Sea Foam and Fire” in Song of the Siren. Ed. J.E. Feldman. Dragon Soul Press. May 2023.
- Story took Honorable Mention in Writers of the Future Contest 1st Quarter 2023
- Kennedy, Andria. “Pains of Glass” in Existential Hologram. Ed. Jason Russell. Starry Eyed Press. Mar. 2023.
- Story took Honorable Mention in Writers of the Future Contest 1st Quarter 2022
- Kennedy, Andria. “Fetching Catnip Mice” in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Lessons Learned From My Cat. Ed. Amy Newmark. Chicken Soup for the Soul, LLC. Feb. 2023.
- Kennedy, Andria. “The Demon Assistant” in Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Clever, Curious, Caring Cat. Ed. Amy Newmark. Chicken Soup for the Soul, LLC. Sep. 2021.
What? I have a very diverse publication history! (And, yes, this is still me. The paper is from my college days, before I got married)
- Davis, Andria, George Maul, and Jeffrey Simmons. Oct. 15, 2001. “Seawater Temperature Trends at USA Tide Gauge Sites.” Geophysical Research Letters. 28:20. p. 3935-3937.
Magazines and Literary Journals
- Kennedy, Andria. “Did You Know There’s Goo Gone for Skin?” This Thing’s Incredible, The Strategist. Sep. 11, 2023.
- Kennedy, Andria. “‘Hysterical’ Women Helped Me Regain My Voice.” Electric Literature. Jan. 10, 2023.
- Kennedy, Andria. “I Was a Vet Tech For 10 Years. Here’s What Finally Pushed Me Over the Edge.” HuffPost Personal. Sep. 30, 2022.
- Kennedy, Andria. “Trigger Warnings for the Insecure Moviegoer.” Points in Case. Sep. 10, 2022.
- NoMoreFear. “Abortion Was Difficult Enough Before Technology Elevated My Fear.” The Doe. Aug. 2022.
- Kennedy, Andria. “Despite My Determination to Hold Onto My Dignity, I Cried. ‘The Invisible Kingdom’ calls attention to the medical gaslighting of chronic pain patients.” Electric Literature. July 26, 2022.
- Kennedy, Andria. July 20, 2022. “I Braved Therapy for My Depression: It Wasn’t the Trauma I Thought.” Open Minds Quarterly. 24: 2. p. 8-10.
- Kennedy, Andria. “Something Borrowed, Something Sanitized.” Offbeat Bride. Dec. 21, 2020.
- Zak, Ivan, DVM, MBA. Ghostwritten. “A New Approach to Solving Veterinary Burnout.” Today’s Veterinary Business. Nov. 2020.
- Kennedy, Andria. “Planning a Wedding During Plague Time.” Offbeat Bride. Nov. 9, 2020.
- Balabanov, Alex. Ghostwritten. “Digital Technology and the Future of Veterinary Medicine.” Vetstoria. Sep. 9, 2020.
What are publications without a few extra bragging rights? Writers don’t always take the time to shout about their accomplishments, and I want to change that (for myself, anyway).
- Writers of the Future Contest
- Honorable Mention 1st Quarter 2023 (“Sea Foam and Fire” – Dark Fantasy)
- Honorable Mention 1st Quarter 2022 (“Pains of Glass” – Science Fiction)
- Silver Honorable Mention 4th Quarter 2021 (“Glissando” – Science Fiction)
- Silver Honorable Mention 1st Quarter 2021 (“Everapple” – Dark Fantasy)
- Honorable Mention 3rd Quarter 2005 (“Glissando” – Fantasy)
- Quarter-Finalist 2nd Quarter 2005 (“Sister Mine” – Horror)
- Quarter-Finalist 4th Quarter 2004 (“Pains of Glass” – Fantasy)