My name is Andria Kennedy. I’m a freelance content writer and copyeditor, as well as a science fiction and fantasy writer. I’m also a shameless geek (I know, you couldn’t tell). Of course, most speculative writers have no problem admitting the fact.
I started making up stories before ever holding a writing instrument. And it’s something I’ve never stopped. Writing and storytelling bring me joy and keep me as close to sane as I’ll get. (I hear you snickering in the back) It’s always been my biggest dream – right behind becoming a unicorn. (What?)
The AK blog is the culmination of my writing knowledge (and mistakes). I promise laughter, geek references, answers to questions, and the bumps, pitfalls, mountains, out-right chasms, and boo-boos of my freelance writing life (I carry plenty of band-aids).
To help you navigate the ins and outs of my brain, here’s a quick guide to the categories:
- Arkham: If writing were fun and easy, everyone would do it. But writing involves staring at a keyboard and banging your head repeatedly against a wall. It falls between fun and torture, and you need a way to restore your sanity closer to – well, closer to not landing in an institution.
- Bag of Tricks: You need a pencil and a piece of paper – DONE. Just kidding. Technology benefits writers, if you choose to embrace it. There are plenty of tools out there – some more beneficial than others.
- Brain Break: And you thought school was over (or maybe, for you, it’s not). Guess what – SCHOOL IS NEVER OVER! Do you know what an antihero is? Where to use the Oxford comma? If cursive is a dead language? We’ll talk about everything!
- Coming Attractions: Snippets of my work that I’m loving (probably in the heat of the moment – don’t get attached).
- The Dead Pool: Writers can’t live on writing alone (trust me, I’ve tried). This means you have to take care of your health AWAY from the desk and computer (put the laptop DOWN!).
- Flotsam and Jetsam: This category encompasses random posts that don’t fit anywhere else.
- HQ: Welcome to home base. Being a freelance writer (or any writer) means working from home. And that means life is – weird. (Even for ME)
- Level Up: Everyone gets excited about milestones, and they need to share them – or so I’ve been told.
- Lightning Strike: Writing inspiration can come from anywhere. Note for legal purposes: Under no circumstances am I advocating you get struck by lightning.
- The Minions: Everyone gets excited about talking about their kids, and I’m no exception; it just happens my kids have four feet.
- Photo Bomb: Pretty self-explanatory, but I will add a slight disclaimer: I am NOT the photographer in the family.
- Read or Die: I set annual Reading Challenges for myself on Goodreads, and you get to live vicariously through my reviews (lucky you!).
- Told Ya So: Writers are readers, and there are amazing quotes out there that beg to be shared.
Excited yet? (Of course, you are) Welcome to the Antiheroes; Let’s get to know each other!
At some point, every writer hits a wall. Doubt, uncertainty, even depression come calling. And you need a reliable source of positivity to pick you back up. I’ve found note cards are the easiest way to keep me going. … Read on…Using Note Cards to Keep Your Writing Motivated
Book 64 of 85 for 2022: Punchline: Trial of Alexis Kaye … Read on…Review of Punchline: The Trial of Alexis Kaye
Join the Antiheroes
Want to know AS SOON as new posts hit? Subscribe with your email here!